On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:57, "Grant Parnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For this Friday's SLUG meeting we're doing a newbie oriented talk for the
> second half of the meeting and SLUGlets will be where all the tech guru's
> head for a chat on random stuff like coding and key signing etc.
>
> It just occurred to me that we should get a run-down of some likely apps
> to talk about, and if you really like maybe a 3-5 minute talk from you
> about some of them.
>
> For starters what apps do you tend to use the most?
> Here's my top 10 list in order of use:-

My most used apps (in no particular order):

RXVT
Konsole (when I need more than a single terminal)
Konqueror
Nedit
Kate
OpenOffice.org
QIV (Quick Image Viewer - similar to XV)
GQView (when I want to view many images at once)
The GIMP
Galeon (uses Firefox's renderer but has a better UI)
Downloader for X (D4X)
Kontact
Gkrellm
EasyTAG
XMMS
Madman (Music organiser, like Rhythmbox or iTunes)
Xine
MPlayer
K3B
GNOME Disc Catalogue