QuantumG wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
> >You will notice that something like the Array.mapi function is
> >much less likely to contain errors than the C for loop.
>
> What I noticed is that they invented syntax when they could have just as
> easily have used C syntax.  Way to knife your language.

Nice troll or was it?

Actually, O'Caml is part of the ML family of languages Which is where
it gets its syntax. The ML languages date back to the 1970s at which
time the C language was not yet even a teenager.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_programming_language

Python also invented its own syntax. Was that a bad thing?

Erik