On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 08:42:17PM +1000, O Plameras wrote:
> Ok, I'd like to learn another High Level Language, specifically perl6.
> And I'd like to make a living from it.
> I'd like to write a Linux Version 2.6 kernel module.(Linux Version 2.4
> kernel is different.)
> This is quite easy with C-language should I do it. As an illustration I
> have a very simple
> kernel module for Linux V2.6. as follows:
*example code snipped*
> Simple with C, isn't it ? How can I do this in Perl6 ?

This example is ludicrously contrived. For kernel modules, I think C is
probably the superior choice. However, the measure of a programming
language shouldn't be whether you can write kernel modules in it
effectively unless that is the sole programming task that is important
to you. And unless you're a paid kernel developer, I'd sincerely hope
that you don't write the majority of your code to run in kernelspace -
the seperation between the kernel's memory space and the user memory
space exists for a very good reason.

--
Mark