when playing silly games with apache.
i like to peel everything back and then work from there
ie. "allow from all, deny from none" make sure that works
then flip stuff around etc

Dean

Voytek wrote:
I'm trying to re-enable /server-status on my Apache 1.3x, but I obviously
have something I don't understand in my conf (so what else is knew, you
might ask...)

browser says:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /server-status on this server.

error logs says:

client denied by server configuration: /home/domain/www/server-status

I have in main httpd.conf:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>
<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from localhost 220.xxx.yyy.zzz
</Location>

I copied same to my vhost conf (just in case...) didn't help

in the vhost I have something like:

<Directory "/home/domain/www">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +IncludesNOEXEC
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>