Sluggers,

Does anyone know if there's a way/tool to use Linux to snoop the network and detect which box is the source of infection?

I just built a WinXp box and put it on our local Lan and before I could even install some virus software it got the sasser.wormb virus (which I detected with stinger). Ive stingered every box under my control in the local class C and found none infected, but perhaps this virus is coming from else where on the "corporate network".

Is there any way I can use tcpdump/linux tools to detect where the port scanning is coming from? The Linux box is on the same Hub (yes hub not switch) as the "honey pot".

TIA's

Pete.