<quote who="Nicholas Jefferson">

> > Plus, quite a few companies resell Apple hardware with non-Apple software.
>
> Do you still effectively pay for OS X or do these companies obtain
> hardware sans software from Apple? I'd like a PowerPC but I'd rather
> not pay for software I don't use - it's difficult enough getting a
> refund for XP, let alone OS X ;-)

The latter, I believe. Hey, even Apple will sell you their hardware with a
competing operating system on it (and support it)... If asked nicely! ($$$)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

   "I would hack on the file selector. But I think I would write like, 3
   LOC for every 100 lines of mail I had to read/write." - James Willcox