Russell Davie wrote:
Ok, So your have convinced me not to be concerned.  In any case I set up an
rsync to another drive.

So far I have communicated with Acer and Micorsoft.

Acer have knocked me back cited the age old "contractual obligations with MS"
So I asked for the mailing address which I got and will put the request in
writing.  Which is yet to be drafted.

I rang MS and asked for a EULA, and I never got a reply. So I emailed them and asked for for a copy of the EULA and explained that I thought I would be implicitly agreeing to if I used the software or opened the shrink wrapped CDs. They have written back and said the EULA is displayed on booting the machine for the first time. MS said that as the EULA covers IP from both OEM and MS and I should take my concern to Acer.

This is something that Linux Australia should be taking to the ACC, IMO.

It's been kicked around a bit in OSIA and a few people there have taken
complaints to the ACC but it wasn't worth our effort, as a relatively
small organisation that has some ties to vendors, to take it to ACC from
there.

LA has a bit more resources and should be able to push it on behalf of
its members.

--
Del