doesnt windows 2003 have a media server out of the box?

likely it installed, and worked so viola good enough.

Dean

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
On 1/11/2005, "linley caetan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1. Why has it happened?

Because they're idiots?  I'm sure they'd say something like it makes
it easier for their users.

2. Is there a workaround to stream windows media in linux?

mplayer and xine play most Windows streams.  There are also plugins
available to embed them in your browser, so the Javascript shenanigans
will probably work.

Realplayer was never that acceptable anyway.  For a long time I haven't
had it installed and instead opted for WMP streams through mplayer.

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       or       [EMAIL PROTECTED]