What distribution of Linux.

You might wonder why im asking this, well its because many distributions have the java stuff already "pre packaged" and you can just download a rpm/.deb and install the package and thats basically it. All the linking etc is done with one simple install, often you just click on the downloaded file via the file manager and then it just asks for the root password and oft it goes and does the install.

Even easier with suse you just add the repository to yast and you can install java with a simple selection within the package manager GUI and click on install.

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 09:13 +0100, Gottfried Szing wrote:

john gibbons wrote:
> I downloaded Java Runtime and have it sitting on my desktop. Now I do
> not know how to get it up and running. Would kind person email the
> command line entry needed? I am running Ubuntu.

Regards

Richard Neal

"Obscurity is a far greater threat to authors than copyright infringement, or even outright piracy."
Seen on Slashdot 30-09-2005