Have had my BenQ A32e-V01 for 3 weeks. Suddenly it wont boot - The battery charging light says battery is fully charged and the AC light shows that it is receiving power from the wall-socket, and the power-pack led is lit.

I don't even get the Manufacturers logo on-screen so it appears that the bios is not even booting, though every now and again it does boot and run - had it up and in use for 2+ hours this afternoon - immediately after phoning support :(

Should the laptop boot:-
(1) if the battery is stuffed but still connected to the power-pack which is turned on? (2) if the power-pack is turned on and plugged into the laptop with the battery removed?

Phoned BenQ tech support with the usual result of "bring it in for a look".

XP Home is installed ( not used), and I have installed Kanotix 2004-04 RC12 which has been running well for nearly 3 weeks.

Have "googled" and it seems that with many laptops the battery is controlled by XP utilities. Kanotix also shows battery charge condition.

Any enlightenment appreciated.

Sorry that this is off topic, but nowhere els to go for advice.