Hey guys,

I was just about to post exactly the same question.

Thanks for asking, Simon.

Thanks for the response, Oscar.

Regards,

Patrick

Simon Males wrote:

Can I install Fedora 3 gcc binaries on Fedora 4 (essentially replace gcc 4 with 3)?

Oscar replied

Yes, you can by installing:

compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.fc4
compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.fc4
compat-db-4.2.52-2
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.fc4

You are not replacing gcc4 with gcc3. The distribution will not permit that.

You are having gcc3 in addition to gcc4.

Hope this helps.

O Plameras

Re: [SLUG] python/irc ?