Mary,

I don't use this app, but a quick squizz at the code at
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-applets/gweather/ would indicate it
just uses HTTP like a web browser to grab weather details. My guess is
that the server(s) configured for use may have broken or changed format.

I would run up ethereal to capture the request/responses it generates
(basically try to trigger an update and filter for "http" in the
ethereal display filters). From the responses (either bad, good or
non-existent) you may be able to figure out what is going on. Once you
know what requests it makes, you might be able to simulate the client by
using just a normal web browser). If the app is configurable you may be
able make changes there, or even resolve to fix the broken code if
necessary ;-)

(I'm a bit of a weather junkie as well though I tend to just have quick
links to places like
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65092/IDN65092.95765.shtml . Maybe
someone should figure how to munge this data into something like
gweather)

Regards, Martin

Martin Visser, CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

410 Concord Road
Rhodes NSW  2138
Australia

Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax: +61-2-9022-1800
E-mail: martin.visserAThp.com

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify HP immediately by return email and then delete
the email, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the
information in it.