James wrote:
I probably didn't explain myself properly. I am definately for white
on black but if you look at the colours when you are on a vty (ie ctrl
alt F1) by doing an ls -la for example (easy to read) and then do same
thing inside Xterm, Konsole, Gnome Term etc.. you can hardly read the
dark blue (directories) on black.  I was just wondering if someone has
come up with a similar colour scheme to the vty but with slightly
different colours that are readable on an X generated black terminal.

In gnome-terminal, there's 3 built-in themes, XTerm, rxvt and Linux Console.

I find that XTerm is the best as the blues that is uses is lighter. I wouldn't be suprised if Konsole has something fairly similiar.