Hi all,
Have just installed a FC4 system and have run yum -yt update to bring it
up to date. To enable a Moodle to run properly I need to have php built
with GD support, unfortunately it was not. I have been playing with rpm
for several hours now trying to work out how to upgrade or rebuild php
using --with-gd, all to no avail. There does not even seem to be a php
rpm package on the system.

If I do rpm -q php it tells me that I have php-5.0.4-10.5, but any
reference to either rpm -U php or rpm -U php-5.0.4-10.5, fails with
unknown file errors. Maybe -U isn't what I need but I can't even get
started.

I also looked at the Application Manager in the KDE desktop, but all
references to gd are already installed.

I have also looked at loading this as an extension in the php.ini file,
but where do I get gd.so ready fro php5?

------------------------------------
OLMC
Simon Bryan
IT Manager