> the old 'what if you fell under a bus' question.

I prefer to think of it as the 'what if you won the lottery' question.

In either case having RHEL isn't going to make much difference. More important is to document what has been installed so that the companies replacement Linux geek can follow, understand and continue to support, rather than having to throw their hands in the air and build a complete new (also undocumented ;-)) replacement setup that they understand.

Rather than ask the FC vs RHEL question, perhaps you should ask, "How good is my documentation. If a Slugger came in here to take over running the joint, how long would it take for them to get up to speed?"

I'm following your thread with great interest as we have a FC4 server and I'm looking to get another, but debating if I should go RHEL this time? Of course I want a 64bit Dual processor machine, does RHEL support such a beast yet?

P.