It's possible that I might be overlooking something very basic here, so bear with me pse.

I've been playing with Xen and can see it's potential for hosting virtual servers, each having a defined internal IP address and a defined internal MAC address bridged to the host.

What my problem is: how do I set up DNS so that externally thisdomain.tld and thatdomain.tld both point to the same external IP address, but internally they point to different internal IP addresses.

There might be some way of doing a selective DNAT in iptables using the MAC addresses, but that is escaping me at the moment.

It would be simpler to use a block of external IP addresses, but that is not an option just at the moment.

Clue sticks welcomed...

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannetlinux.com>