On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 13:03 +0100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="ashley maher">
>
> > Any kind soul mind pointing me to a url that has working debian based
> > examples of vhost configs
>
> Quick explanation:
>
>  * I add the NameVirtualHost entries I need to /etc/apache2/ports.conf

This appears to be the point I'm stuffing.

Th apache2 docs it has one reference of NameVirtualHost then the
VirtualHost entries below that in the config file.

The debian default site has the NameVirtualHost entry in it. So inn the
other domains I didn't put one in. Apache spat. So I put the
NameVirtualHost entry at the top of each, it now says it overlaps.

So mind expanding on the above?

Below looks like what I have, thanks.

>  * I create per-virtual files in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled that look
>    roughly like this (usually with other bits for the apps running on them,
>    but these are the basics):
>
> <VirtualHost 1.1.1.1>
>         ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>         ServerName example.com
>         ServerAlias www.example.com
>
>         DocumentRoot /srv/example.com/root
>
>         CustomLog /srv/example.com/log/access.log combined
>         ErrorLog /srv/example.com/log/error.log
> </VirtualHost>
>
> - Jeff

Regards,