On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:50:41PM +1100, Phill O'Flynn wrote:
> DOH!!! I didn't see that but I am still getting
>
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /sbin/service iptables restart
>       Flushing firewall rules:                                   [  OK  ]
>       Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter                    [  OK  ]
>       Unloading iptables modules:                                [  OK  ]
>       Applying iptables firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 36 failed
>                                                            [FAILED]

I guess you have something funky on line 36 of /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

It also looks like you have iptables save and restore on stop/start.

Mine doesn't; I explicitly maintain /etc/sysconfig/iptables under
version control.

Whether it saves/restores or not seems to be another option in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.  I suggest you set

        IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
        IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_RESTART="no"

as well.

You can send your /etc/sysconfig/iptables file to me privately
if you want and I'll give it a butchers.

Matt