On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:03:26PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I downloaded skype:
>
> dpkg: error processing Desktop/skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb (--install):
>  package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
>  Desktop/skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb
>
> resolvable?

Convince Skype to go OSS, or at least to provide a .deb file for amd64?  Not
being free software, you're always going to be playing catch up with it.

> I tried to get xine to play a wmv file. I enabled every repositry and every
> option. I get (sic):
>
> The stream ShazBaz.wmv use an unsupported codec:
> Video Codec: Windows Media Video 9(WMV3)
> Start Playing anyway ?
>
> Easy with SuSE: install the w32codec-all-20050412-0.pm.0.i586.rpm

Nothing like a bit of illegal redistribution to keep a distro on it's toes.
There is an equivalent package available for Debian/Ubuntu called
win32codecs.  Google will reveal all, no doubt.

> Also, my SuSE amd64 has 32 libs, so it can run 32 apps. Skype don't give any
> other options.

The package you want is ia32-libs, I'd say.

- Matt

--
A friend is someone you can call to help you move. A best friend is someone
you can call to help you move a body.