On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If anybody can point me in the right direction, much appreciated.

Google automatix.  This is a family of scripts that are provided to do all the
extra setup for K/Ubuntu.  I have seen messages in the ubuntu forum about
amd64 versions.

I haven't tried it, but reviews and messages about it look quite good.  It
does all the sort of things you are writing of, including adjusting your
sources.list file for the required repositories.

And let us know how it goes, please.  (I'm running Gentoo, and about to move
to Australia, so it will be a month or so before I'm back on broadband to try
it myself).

Regards,
Bret

--
Given the degree to which Americans distrust politicians, it boggles the mind
that religious leaders would consign themselves to that particular circle of