Here's on for the RADIUS gurus...

I'm trying to piggy back off a radius authentication setup that I have
for wireless access and use that for logging into some Ubuntu PC's.

Now, I have the authentication working so that password is checked and
accepted or rejected from the radius server via PAM on the central
server...yay!

Now, I want a home directory automatically created for the user so they
can actually login through gdm.

This fails because there's no group information for the user and I guess
no default shell either.

Combing the web is still not getting me a long way.

There's an entry in the FAQ
(http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ#How_do_I_use_PAM_with_FreeRADIUS.3F)

but I don't think that's going to work when querying another radius
server.

Could anyone give me a few tips or maybe explain if it isn't possible at
all?

Thanks for your thoughts.

--
Simon Wong
Dependable Technologies Pty Ltd

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | www.dt.net.au
mob 0438 609 011 | ph +61 7 3367 0847 | fax +61 7 3009 0431

* Dependable IT Solutions *