<quote who="Jamie Wilkinson">

> >  find <see-below> -type d | xargs chmod 644
>
> This is almost always wrong because people put whitespace in filenames.  Use
> the null separator argument to find and xargs:
>
>   find snuh -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 3777

Excellent point. Though I do have a policy of mandatory evisceration where
the crime of whitespace in filenames is perpetrated on my systems. This has
inspired a new range of designer colostomy bag covers in corduroy, velvet,
and the ever popular denim.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/