Peter Chubb wrote:
How can I easily filter out all the 'bots and get an estimate of how
many *real* people are using the website?  It used to be relatively
easy when there were fewer search engines, but now there seem to be dozens.

You need to add the appropriate user agents to the HideAgent setting in /etc/webalizer.conf . That'll keep the user agents from turning up in the listings, but the traffic they generate will still be added in. Webalizer also has a GroupAgent thing, that should let you lump all the search engines in to one entry in your list. Google should turn up some recipes for it.

I'm not sure if that fits your definition of "simple". ;-) But it's the only way I know how to do it.

--
Pete