On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:18, Matt Palmer wrote:

> I suspect your interpretation may be at odds with that of Microsoft --
> otherwise you could run a dozen qemu- or vmware-encased images
> simultaneously on the same (very, very chunky) computer legally, which I
> doubt is their intention.

No.  A copy is a copy, and licenses are licenses to make copies.  That's why
the licenses explicitly say you can make one backup - if they didn't, you
couldn't make any backup.

It's the number of copies you're granted (although there may be other terms,
of course).

It's copyright law - the license grants deviation from 'natural' circumstance,
which is that no one but the author can make copies for any purpose.

Regards,
Bret