On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:51:14AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="David">
>
> > What I would prefer to do is send a flagging email to both myself and my
> > business partner... just a subject line such as: "email waiting in foo
> > acount".
> >
> > Can procmail do that?
>
> So what you'd want to do in procmail is a two step process:
>
>  - clone the message (c on the : line)
>  - use formail to replace/prepend the subject (use |)
>
>  - clone the message if the previous stanza matched (c and e from memory)
>  - mail it to both accounts (use !)
>
> Because you cloned the message in both stanzas, the email will be processed
> by them, but also ultimately delivered to the account.

Or, if you're using a $HOME/.forward,  you can 'forward' mail to
yourself by using \ to inhibit the forwarding. So .forward would
look like this (if your local address is david)

        \david,|/usr/bin/procmail

instead of just

        |/usr/bin/procmail

Probably Jeff's way is more manageable, but the mine works if procmail
is missing/broken.

Matt