On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 17:10 +1100, Steve Lindsay wrote:
> It can help a little. There are zillions of blogs/podcasts out there,
> I don't have to read all of them (mostly "junk"), I can subscribe to
> the ones I like ("useful").
> Finding them in the first place is obviously the hard bit, but I don't
> think that is the problem rss is intended to solve.
>
> Steve

I thought I would step in here as a producer of content rather than a
consumer.

RSS has been a godsend for what we do. By having a simple xml file that
listeners can subscribe to it gets around the lethargy factor. If
someone can, in a couple of clicks, set their software to routinely
download and parse our RSS feed it removes the need for them to
continually come back to the website.

No it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it sure as hell
makes producing and distributing audio/video media a lot easier.
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update