That's why I'm interested.

I've come accross a number of real life (commercial) problems that would be enhanced (solved?) by a good voice to text, as you say, voice recognition ability. I'm sure there are a lot of other more social uses it could be used for as well.

I've also been amazed at the latest ability of some telephone answering systems ability to accept more than the usual yes no or number response.

I wondered, out loud to someone at the expo last week and they suggested I touch base with SLUG.

Thanks for the response.

John

On 4/4/06, Nick Croft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* john hedge ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Linux based project/product for converting voice to
> text?

Festival:

Besides research into speech synthesis, festival is useful as a
stand-alone speech synthesis program. It is capable of producing
clearly understandable speech from text.

Command-line stuff. It might take you 10 minutes to get the hang of it.

Then again there's konq-speak for use with konqueror.

See how you go.