<quote who="Ben Donohue">

> Does a Debian distro have auto updates such as Red Hat?
> I use CentOS where I can update the packages very easily.
> I tried Debian once but the install was too hard at the time.
> However I'm willing to give it another go. Is there a way to easily
> patch it up to date?
> I'm talking about point and click type of stuff.
> What about Ubuntu?

Ubuntu has a little icon in the panel that appears when you need to update.
Click on it, and you get a cute update GUI. There is also a graphical tool
in progress for doing complete upgrades which will be released in time for
the 6.06 release in June (it will be released into the 5.10 repositories, so
you can upgrade to 6.06).

Of course, there's always apt-get and aptitude on the command line for your
servers. Their historical excellence is what makes it all so easy at the GUI
level. :-)

(Look out for SMART, which will be very likely be used by default in Ubuntu
6.10.)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la GeltrĂș, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

         "The GPL is good. Use it. Don't be silly." - Michael Meeks