In Ubuntu, Automatix/EasyUbuntu can be used to install a range of things which
are not normally available in the distribution. If I use one of these scripts
to install something which interfaces with the kernel, what happens when I
receive a kernel update and reboot? For example, if I use them to install
Nvidia graphics drivers, will X be wrecked after the kernel is upgraded?

I am not so worried about my own systems (I can take care of myself), but I am
concerned for the ordinary users for whom I have installed Ubuntu. I don't
want them all calling me every time there is a kernel update to complain that
they can't get graphics.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://dhanapalan.webhop.net/yama.asc

The US government actually has a 'terror scale'... a formal measure of how
scared to be. Sounds to me like the terrorists won.