Hi Simon,

Hope this isn't too late to be useful for you.

I was investigating this myself at my former workplace, where we were using MS Exchange 2000. I had a dual-boot Debian desktop and wanted to seamlessly access the calendars etc that I needed to on Exchange.

For maximum playing capability, the best bet was Evolution, with its Exchange connector. After a little reading this morning, Novell appear to have made the connector free and GPL, which is nice - it cost about $60 a couple of years ago.

Anyway, check out the links below:

Gnome Evolution project site:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/

Novell Manual for Evolution 2.4 on Gnome site - check out Chapter 6, "Connecting to Exchange Servers".
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/doc/evolution24.pdf

Let me know how it goes.

cheers,
Mary Cudmore.

Simon Males wrote:

ashley maher wrote:
G'day,

At a meeting tonight I was asked about shared calendaring on linux that
plays well with outlook.

Going through the slug mailing list archives looks like this gets asked
regularly. I did some googling based on previous answers. I thought
worth asking again.

What are people using at the moment in this situation?

I simply know this tool exists, my boss wanted me to demo it to him but my test machine at the time was underspec of the installer (512MB).

http://www.scalix.com/
Enterprise Email and Calendaring on Linux