Sluggers,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour. As per the Title, installed VMWare on Linux (FC4). Software starts Ok and gets to the point where I can power on the virtual machine. At this point the host machine is rebooted. I.E the power on action which is supposed to be that of the guest, appears to be passed to the host machine which causes it to re-boot, note not a graceful shutdown but as if the use had hit the power switch on the host machine.

Host machine is a DELL Precision 210. I down-graded to FC2 (which I have working on another Dell but the working one is a Dimension) but no difference, it appears to be specific to the hardware (I.E the Precision 210).

Just hopeing that maybe someone has seen this and knows of a setting / option to stop it.

TIA's

Pete