Michael Lake wrote:
Hi all

I have 'svnadmin create /var/lib/svn/TheProject' hanging on a Debian stable box running subversionn 1.1.4. Googling finds that the problem is that there is not enough entropy and suggests a recompile of I think libapr0. Blow that. I'm trying to set this up on a virtual server and I don't want to add all the things that a recompile would entail. Has anyone had this problem and how does one get more entropy on a virtual server that I can just login to remotely?

I had this problem (or thought I did) for an unrelated program (can't even recall what it was now tbh) but I do remember there was a command to actually check and see how much entropy your system had.. IIRC it was just cat /proc something random. hunting around the proc system should find it. After doing that I found that wasn't actually my problem and it lay eslewhere.

Googling etc had led me to the randomness problem but in this case it turned out not to be the problem.

HTH

Dan.