Hi David,

That's great to hear. Well done. I hope I didn't send you off on too many wild goose chases.

Regards,

Patrick

david wrote:
Problem solved... the problem was the usb hub I was plugged into.

If I plug directly into the USB port...  suddenly everything works.

Very odd considering this hub works fine on a Mac with the same scanner.

For the record, it's a standard Ubuntu Breezy set up, and this model
SnapScan 1212u didn't require any firmware (I commented out that line
in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf)

thanks,
David.