Hi
        I'm currently using LPRNG and magicfilter (with custom written
filters) for printing at home ... we have three printers with
different capabilities on a small network of machines.  One of the
machines (a Xerox Phaser 8200) has all kinds of funky machine-specific
postscript for setting image type, resolution etc.  Seems that this is
handled semi-automatically with cupsys, foomatic, and a PPD file (which Xerox
kindly provides).  So I'm thinking about migrating.. (the alternative
would be to set up multiple queues in LPRNG, each of which edits its
postscript on the fly to set the parameters appropriately)

        Are there any gotchas I should be aware of in migrating?  Is
there a better way, that I haven't thought of, for handling printing
on Debian Linux?  I still want to b able to do:
   lpr -Pxerox funky.ps
and have it `just work'

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au