SLUG feeding spam to the world wrote:

> The issue  is the spreading around of valid email addresses,
> particularly when this has been done so surreptitiously[1].

You are assuming that this was an active decision to not tell
people. I think you are wrong. It may have happened without
the knowledge of anyone on the committe.

I run a couple of lists and recently found that someone
(http://www.archivesat.com/) has been archiving them on the
web with ever having asked me if that was ok. Archivesat does
remove the sender's email address, but the list subscription
address is clearly visible.

>      Help give a clueby to undereducated people by siharing
>      these email address around.
>
>      <insert private and work emails of past slug committee,
>      web and list personell. Hey, if you canshare mine,
>      then I can share yours {:-)}}}}>

?????

Erik