most likely its inserted simply with a sql line like...

insert into table (password) values (md5('password')) where...

or

insert into table (password) values (encrypt('password')) where...

your best bet, is to find the password insert code and see if it
uses a mysql built in, a php/perl/lang built in or lib or implements
its own.

then, use that information to update the password.

another option might be to null the password and see if you can log
in with no password.

Dean