On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 15:55 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Erik de Castro Lopo">
>
> > One aspect where Debian has a definite advantage is the reportbug utility
> > and why that tool feels straight into the Debian bug tracking tool. The
> > reportbug utility is simply a mile ahead of any web based bug entry tool.
> > On ubuntu I *really* miss this. In fact, when I find bugs in Ubuntu, I
> > have twice verified that the bug exists on Debian and then report the bug
> > there instead.
> >
> > Jeff, are you listening? I know we've spoken about this before. And if
> > this has been fixed in Dapper please slap me with a box of Dapper disks
> > :-).
>
> I (and half the distro team) have been pursuing this with gusto - it will be
> fixed in an update package. Yay! :-)
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
> GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la GeltrĂș, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/
>
>        "That whole 'you complete me' thing is just tragic and totally
>                  unrealistic. Go complete yourself." - Anon

Being a linux noob, my perspective is that Ubuntu is by far less
daunting than debian, that said, I do operate a debian server (as Ubuntu
does not support the hardware raid that is present, in later versions
(which kinda sux)). My desktop though, runs great, and I very rarely
have any problems using it. Coming from winduz I feel it has been a
'smooth' transition and definitely not looking back ;)