On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:01:17 +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> This is almost *certainly* *not* what you want. My guess is that
> while this filesystem has *some* 16 byte integers, it also has 32
> bit integers and probably also 64 bit integers. Swapping pairs of
> bytes will do the right thing for 16 bit integers, but not for
> any of the others.

I'd treat the data as 32-bit words and swap the bytes within those
words.  That's how the arm v5 cores (xscale is a v5 core)  handle it.
The h/w doesn't do actual byte swapping, but it's easier to think of
it in those terms, if you have to think about it at all.

Cheers,

John
--
I find Rational much the same way.  The satisfaction of getting one of
their products to work hides the fact that it didn't do anything