hmm. Mine sounds more seriously broken. I have a GeForce Go 6200 Turbocache, and Google Earth is not happy. I'm running v8756 of the nVidia driver, the latest is v8762. Don't have time to rebuild my custom kernel now (supposed to be studying :P ). What driver are you happier nVidia people running?

Mary.

Phil Scarratt wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Methinks that it's graphics card related:
I'm using SuSE10.1 AMD64 6600GT nvidia. Apart from 3 Seg Faults, its perfect. Good scenery, no visual artifacts, fast (just this makes me question the wine theory), and many reports here of some sort of woes.
(panning, tilting as fast as Xt P3 3G)
James

I'd concur on the graphics card: my google earth - while it works (Dapper), causes the whole screen to flash - ie screen goes completely blank then comes back. Stays on as long as I don't have my mouse on that screen. Similar thing happens with 3D screen savers - causes screen to blank out - never bothered to fix it. Out of interest Radeon 9250 using ATI's drivers.

Fil