On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 10:14:15AM +1000, Ben Alex wrote:
> Does anyone know of a wireless (preferably 3G) Internet service which is
> compatible with Linux-based notebooks (Ubuntu)? Most of the service
> providers like iBurst etc seem to specify the use of Windows.

I've got a Vodafone 3G (Merlin) card through work and it works nicely -- a
bit fiddly to setup, perhaps, but doable.  A client I've been at has the
"other model" of Vodafone 3G card and it works in Ubuntu Dapper, but not
earlier versions -- so you'll need a pretty new kernel if you get lumped
with that card.

- Matt

--
For instance "Mine eyes haves seen the glory of the coming of the Lord," the
anthem of the abolitionists (and the Union forces in the civil war) doesn't