Jeff,

Yuo are correct.  It used to work, but stopped after a couple of changes.  Didn't work at all even through iwconfig.

I never did find where the new tool was shown to be used.  it was running but I couldn't find the applet to invoke it.

I have now downloaded the latest madwifi driver and I was going to try that instead of the supplied ones.

Phil.

On 7/10/06, Jeff Waugh < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<quote who="Phil Manuel">

> I'm going to have to go back to Mandriva, as my network atleast worked
> under that distro.  Now under Ubuntu i cannot see a single wireless
> network.  Nothing seems to show why it can't see a network.  It is very
> frustrating.  At work i'm having to boot into windows and run Linux under
> VMWARE.
>
> Very very frustrated.

You haven't really explained what happened - it sounded as though wireless
worked for you earlier, but you wanted a prettier/smarter interface - now
you're saying wireless doesn't work at all?

Why throw the baby out with the bathwater when SLUG is here to help solve
your problem?

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2007: Sydney, Australia           http://lca2007.linux.org.au/

     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin