On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 04:21:24PM +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Saturday 22 July 2006 16:01, Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > The problem I'm trying to solve is that I get network access
> > in a couple of different places. Some places I have direct
> > access to the net and others I need to go via a proxy. I
> > also run Firefox with the Session Saver plugin and I'm getting
> > sick of having to switch the Firefox connection settings over
> > between a proxy and direct connection.
>
> I would recommend the Tab Mix Plus extension over Session Saver. Tab Mix Plus

> [ ... ]

You could write yourself a proxy.pac file; you
could if/then/else on the basis of myIpAddress().

http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

There's plenty of examples around the net.

It won't work if some of the places you go already
have their own proxy.pac.

The main thing avoid writing proxy.pac is to
is dns lookups -- read the docs carefully :-)

Matt