James Polley wrote:

I used to use Kronolith, from the Horde project (http://www.horde.org/kronolith/). It was very good-looking, and very capable at the time (~3 years ago), so I imagine it's even better now. I can't comment on the timezone issues though..

However, Kronolith requires the Horde framework, which itself has a lot of PHP dependencies. If you're willing to do a lot of groundwork to get it in place (or use debian and know how to apt-get install kronolith[1]) it's worthwhile; but it's a lot of work. If you're looking for something simple, it's not for you.

[1] Actually, it's not that simple. Even after you install kronolith and it's dependencies, there's a fair bit [2] of editing of config files to point it at your database, configure the bits of horde to work together, etc.

[2] or there was last time I did this anyway, but that was threeish years ago. If this has changed, I'd love for someone to tell me - I've been wanting to set it up again but been deterred by the amount of time it would take..
I agree Horde Framework is pretty.

I've been using Horde Framework for many years, since 2001. On top of it I use IMP along with various modules that goes it. In addition I use the Framework as a management tool to organize a number of PHP coded applications I have. PHP developers may hooked-up their applications
to it.

This is one added attraction of Horde for me, by not re-inventing the Frameworks that's been
done that would require many month's of development.

Horde Framework is of no value by itself, of course. It's kinda like Drupal without the modules.

It has always been easy to setup Horde Framework because there is a script that you run to initialize the Framework. The script is in directory 'horde/framework/install-packages.php' for Linux and 'horde/framework/install-packages.bat' for Microsoft OS. Then, copy the tree-directory for each of the modules you want to install under the Horde root directory. Then, modify the configs and load the databases, MySQL or Postgresql, Run Configuration from
the Frameworks Menu as many times and as often as you like.

The trick is before any Horde installations, get your MySQL/Postgresql packages running alongside
your HTTP and PHP  with MySQL/Postgresql DBD/DBI.

Hope this helps.

O Plameras