John Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a new (HP) laptop with Ubuntu 6.06.  Most things just work :-)
>
> I also have a PCMCIA compact flash adapter which works, except that I
> have to mount the drive manually after inserting it.  I'd like to have
> it automount but having never played with PCMCIA on Linux I don't know
> what to do to make it happen.
>
> Would someone please point me in the right direction?

If you're fairly desktop-agnostic, you can try reverting to Kubuntu. I
find KDE does a marvellous job at auto-mounting removable media. When I
stick a removable disk in (either usb or pcmcia), it pops up asking me
what to do (and i can set it to remember my choice).

Also on an HP laptop.

BB