<quote who="John Clarke">

> Thanks Jeff.  The card is recognised, it's just not mounted automatically:

Definitely worth feeding this into a bug.

> > I'd recommend filing a bug with as much information you can glean about
> > the PCMCIA/CF adaper as possible.
>
> I want to be sure it's not something that I'm doing (or not doing) first.
> Is there a config file somewhere I have to edit to make it automount?

No. I mean, you can look at the "Removable storage" preferences dialogue,
but I can't imagine you've changed it in any way that would effect this. If
USB disks work, this should also work (as far as policy goes).

> > Quick thing you can try - boot with it unplugged, run
> > hal-device-manager, plug it in and see what happens.
>
> It sees the adapter when it's plugged in.  lshw tells me this:

You can see it in hal-device-manager? If so, definitely file a bug. It may
just need a bit of hardware ID / capabilities tweaking.

- Jeff

  "So please lets focus on preparing to beat up our neighbours instead of
   spending all the energy on domestic violence." - Christian Schaller on
                                   GNOME