On 2006.08.16 09:58 David Herd wrote:
I'm a computing student who is having troubles
with part of my assignment. Can I have any help
out there in Linux land.
<snip>

David,

In the ordinary course of events SLUG members (in common with most Lunix Users Groups) are only too willing to assist enquirers, especially those new to Linux. In fact, it is paramount to the culture of LUGs that we do so -- enthusiastically and graciously.

HOWEVER, we will NOT provide answers to student assignments for you.

If you are genuinely having trouble with a particular part of an assignment we will gladly put you on the right track. But first you must show us that you have really attempted the assignment by yourself unassisted.

I hesitate to tell anyone to RTFM but in this case it is entirely appropriate.

Robert Thorsby