Hrmm... Have thought about the cables - may be worth a shot as the
cabinet is so tight, but it is a long shot...

Aah... A Nvidia "softnic" is on-board both of the machines, and a PCI
Realtek. On Debian the Nvidia is eth0 and Realtek eth1 and vice versa on
the Ubuntu.

Not sure on any control utilities - been a while since I've examined nic
drivers (or any other drivers for that matter). I'll check it out.
(Refernces welcome :)

Thanks heaps for all your help!

Regards,

Raphael Kraus
Software Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
02 8306 0007 Direct Line
02 8306 0077 Sales | 02 8306 0099 Fax
02 8306 0088 Support
02 8306 0055 Administration
1300 13 WILD (9453) National | 1300 88 WILD (9453) Fax