Howard Lowndes wrote:
I'm looking for a tiny Linux distro that I can modify and implement in a relatively harsh environment. I have Soekris net4511 boards and cases. At the moment they are running picoBSD and I want to give it the flick.

Must haves:
Linux (naturally)
drive AMD ELAN SC520 CPU
CompactFlash disk (ideally not more than 64Mb)
wifi drivers for PCMCIA card (probably PRISM based)
cope with harsh environment (24/7/365 in the sun on top of a mast)
ipsec (ideally openswan rather than raccoon)

Nice to haves:
Fedora
watchdog (can this fit in a spare empty miniPCI slot ?)
bash
vi

Not needed:
X or any graphics

It looks like tinylinux hasn't been touched since '01

What are folks suggesting?

www.trinux.org
www.busybox.net

Hope these help.

O Plameras

P.S.
 The 5.25" floppy drive works. Great time to thank you.
 Half way through copy jobs.

Have to say thank you to four other people on this list for sharing their floppy drives.

OP