Scott Waller (Lots of Watts) wrote:
Thanks tuxta, went and bought a Gigabit card yesterday, downloaded madwifi, built it, and it works. Was able to connect to an open AP and ssh into a box.

tuxta2 wrote:
Scott Waller (Lots of Watts) wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am embarking on a project that requires the use of WiFi.

My question is:

What PCI WiFi cards work in linux? or what cards have people used successfully?
Get one with an Atheros chipset and you'll be fine

Tuxta

Thats awesome, glad to hear.
What distro and version are you using? The reason I ask, is that its been quite some time since I have actually had to download madwifi! Cards with atheros chips just work in Dapper, out of the box. Interesting.

Tuxta