On Thu, September 28, 2006 8:42 am, Zhasper wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Voytek Eymont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd suggest that a more effective strategy might be to talk to your
> users; tell them what you've found, why it's unacceptable, and what action
> you'll be taking if you discover anything similar in future. Also make it
> clear to them how they can check things with you before they install, and
> be proactive in helping them find solutions that don't compromise your
> security - for instance, sticking phpmyadmin behind a .htaccess file.

thanks, Zhasper

yes, I will, clearly, I need to spell it out, it's obvious I overestimated
users' grasp of security, etc., or, in fact, his ability to understand
what's good and proper:

a php shell script the user installed had clear warning 'do not place this
on your server without admin's permission'

--
Voytek